Developers who design applications often have to write in one Best Open Source & Paid Framework for Cross-Platform Mobile Application Development
codebase and then have to deploy them over several other platforms, to cater this need Cross-platform mobile application development tools are a great boon. The market for these tools is becoming hotter and the tug of war between such platforms is getting fierce. If you are an indie or a professional developer you would need assistance of such application but choosing the best among so many options could land you in a fix. Here we would discuss the pros and cons of the best open sources as well as paid framework so you could choose the best for yourself.1.REACT NATIVE
– Due to its component structure, React Native performs really well in quick changing data scenario and is indeed very light which naturally encourages developers to write better and more modular codes that could be reused.
– Developers using React Native platform can easily update their app in background without depending on Google or AppStore.Cons:
– React Native is still in alpha/beta stage which means it is still in development and testing phase and hence this is the worst problem app developers’ face. Apps and programs break and have to be written again once a new version is released.
– Debugging your app is tough if you are using this platform as you would have to use console.log() method and it would be tiring to locate crash locations.2.XAMARIN
Xamarin is a paid modern programming language loaded with powerful tools and equipped with efficient and encouraging interface to aid app developers to write apps for Android, iOS as well as Windows using C#. Developed by a subsidiary of Microsoft this very promising platform and let’s discuss its pros and cons and analyse how beneficial it can be for you.Pros:
– Xamarin can integrate itself with Visual Studio for .NET Framework and developers can use all the benefits of Visual Studio to write and render their apps.
– Using a cross platform language like Xamarin reduces the efforts and monetary costs of app developers as most of the codes can easily be deployed over other major platforms without negotiating with the quality.
– Aided from Native APIs, Xamarin creates enchanting interfaces and user experiences.Cons:
– Xamarin cannot access open source libraries in case of iOS or Android App Development.
– Apps written and developed using Xamarin need codes and referencing to be linked between .NET Frameworks and target user. This also makes it slow to download and start-up and users often question the efficiency and credibility of such apps.
– Although made for cross platform app development, Developers have to write separately for each of the platform.3.MO SYNC
– MoSync is open-source platform and all its features can be used for free if the developers commit to offer and tag the finished product as open-source.
– Developers don’t have to do the tiring work of rewriting the codes as MoSync allows app development across all platforms sharing the same codes.Cons:
– MoSync declared bankruptcy last year and due to the lack of revenue generation they haven’t updated it yet causing a lot of despair amongst developers.
– If you have to develop an app to generate revenue then you will be charged a nominal subscription fee.4.APPCELARATOR
– The use of native UI gives a boost to performance and alloy framework assures normalizing UI across all platforms hence increasing the efficiency of such apps.
– It also provides many beneficial value add-ons.Cons:
– Developers have to manage target platform for SDKs locally. This could waste a lot of time as the developing team would have to be very careful in establishing a controlled build environment to manage SDKs across diverse target platforms.
– Skills required to gain perfection in Titanium cannot be put to use anywhere else.5.APACHE CORDOVA
– Cordova apps are easy to install and can be setup just like a native app and also helps in accessing app stores.
– Cordova is open source and free, hence it’s open to talent from around the world.Cons:
– Native UIs are said to perform better than Cordova and often it is criticized to be an underperformer.
– Open source Cordova is incomplete, you may need an additional plug-in to customize to give your best.
– These were the pros and cons of few of the best open source and paid framework for cross-platform mobile application development. Choose your weapon wisely and rule the world of apps.